Department of Medical Education
Medical education and training varies considerably across world. Various teaching methodologies are in practice in medical education, to enhance teaching and learning among participants. It plays a key role in:
- Improving the quality of training and assess faculties in development of curricula for Medical and Dental specialties.
- Reviewing and revising the previous curricula.
- Monitoring and evaluating educational programs both under and post-graduate Medical education department is established in response to increased public expectations relating to healthcare, social trends towards increased accountability, educational developments, increased interest in what to teach and how to educate doctors and the need to train competent doctors.
The mission of Department of Medical Education,Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College is to promote Professionalism and Excellence in Medical Education. DME will function to promote faculty development, curriculum development, student assessment plan and research in medical education.
Aims and Objectives:
The main aims and objectives of Department of Medical Education, Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College are:
- To develop critical thinking and problem solving skills relating to medical profession, teaching and learning
- To organize faculty development and Continuing Health Profession Education activities.
- To promote research and publication in medical education